When we collect and use your personal information, we ensure we look after it properly and use it in accordance with our privacy principles set out below, keep it safe and will never sell it.
This policy was last updated on 23/05/2018.
How do we collect your personal information?
There are a variety of ways in which we collect your personal information, from the data you submit via our website, our social media platforms and by completing a registration form for the use of our services.
We collect personal information directly from you:
- via enquiry and registration forms;
- via feedback forms and forums;
- when you purchase any of our products or services;
- when you fill out a survey, or vote in a poll on our website;
- when you provide your details to us either online or offline;
What personal information do we collect?
We might collect personal information, such as your contact details, your children’s details depending on which service you choose from us and marketing preferences.
The information that we collect will depend on our relationship with you.
Where Teach Me Group Limited (Shropshire Tutor) is the data controller of your personal information we may collect the following about you:
- contact details such as name, email address, postal address and telephone number
- photographs (where you have provided expressed consent for us to use them in our marketing)
- details of any other persons where the service is being purchased for i.e. your children, spouse or partner
- identification information such as your child’s date of birth, their school information and educational requirements
- your marketing preferences
How do we use your personal information?
We mainly use your personal information to provide you with the right services based on your situation.
We may process your personal information in the following ways:
- Processing is necessary in order for us to provide your services
- Where we need to use your personal information to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, for example when we are faced with any legal claims or where we want to pursue any legal claims ourselves
- Where you have provided your consent to our use of your personal information including any video or photographs
- Where we have appropriate legitimate business need to use your personal information such as maintaining our business records, developing and improving our products and services, all whilst ensuring that such business need does not interfere with your rights and freedoms and does not cause you any harm.
Who do we share your personal information with?
Your personal information is never shared with any group or company outside of Teach Me Group Limited.
In order to provide you with the right level of service to meet your exact needs, we will share your personal information and your child’s information with our tutors.
Where you have give expressed consent, we will share photographs of your child’s learning session across our social media platforms, but will never disclose any personal information such as names, ages or locations.
You have the following rights in relation to our use of your personal information.
The right to access your personal information
You are entitled to a copy of the personal information we hold about you and certain details of how we use it. There will not usually be a charge for dealing with these requests. Your personal information will usually be provided to you in writing, unless otherwise requested, or where you have made the request by electronic means, in which case the information will be provided to you by electronic means where possible.
The right to rectification
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and complete. However, if you do not believe this is the case, please contact us by using the details shown in your documentation and you can ask us to update or amend it.
The right to erasure
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information, for example where the personal information we collected is no longer necessary for the original purpose or where you withdraw your consent. However, this will need to be balanced against other factors, for example according to the type of personal information we hold about you and why we have collected it, there may be some legal and regulatory obligations which mean we cannot comply with your request.
Right to restriction of processing
In certain circumstances, you are entitled to ask us to stop using your personal information, for example where you think that the personal information we hold about you may be inaccurate or where you think that we no longer need to process your personal information.
Right to data portability
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask that we transfer any personal information that you have provided to us to another third party of your choice. Once transferred, the other party will be responsible for looking after your personal information.
Right to object to direct marketing
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time.
The right to withdraw consent
For certain uses of your personal information, we will ask for your consent. Where we do this, you have the right to withdraw your consent to further use of your personal information. Please note in some cases we may not be able to process your insurance if you withdraw your consent.
The right to lodge a complaint
You have a right to complain to the ICO at any time if you object to the way in which we use your personal information. More information can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website: https://ico.org.uk/
Contact Details of the Data Protection Officer
If you wish to contact the Data Protection Officer the details are below:
The Data Protection Officer:
1 The Woodlands